How do you edit a checklist??

rosemarie.carrillo December 13, 2022

I have been searching this board up and down and can't find this simple answer.

I inherited this from another employee so Im trying to figure some things out.

We have checklists created that we can add to cards.  These lists are there when we add a card, we can just select on of the PRE-MADE checklists and insert it.

HOW do I EDIT those pre-made checklists?  For the life of me I can't figure it out and no where on this board does it mention this.

PLEASE HELP

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

@rosemarie.carrillo you would have to find the card where that originated as the dropdown for copy checklist looks at _any_ checklist on that Trello board. 

What i would recommend doing is using automation and having one card that holds all the checklists you want. So creating a card that is like "source checklists" and add as many templated checklists as you want in there. 

Then when you want to add a checklist, you can search for it in the dropdown options, or you can just use automation to add that checklist. You can trigger to add it by either adding a label, moving a card to a specific list, whenever a card is created, or even by creating a button that will add the checklist. And then when you make the action for adding the checklist, just specify the name AND the card it comes from (that "source checklist" card i just mentioned.) 

Its a bit more steps to set up but lets you have so much more organization and control over it, so it's my preferred approach. Let me know if that makes sense! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events