How do you automate the creation of a new card in another list from a done card list?

HSSEQ Thome April 24, 2019

I have a list of done cards in a "completed" tasks list.

When the card is marked done and shifts to the "completed" tasks list, concurrently I would like a new card to be created in "new" tasks list. How do i automate this?

And I have created a custom field "completed date".

The due date in the new card should be +1 year after the "completed date" custom field in the done card.

i.e. if on the done card, the "completed date" is 20 Apr 2019, then the due date in the new card should be 20 Apr 2020. 

Can this be done?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2019

Hey @HSSEQ Thome this should be accomplishable in Butler. Here's an example of a rule I made following what you described.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 2.46.28 PM.png

If you need more granular control than that, you can add additional actions in that rule or definitely check out @Iain Dooley 's suggestion of Trellinator!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

@Garrett hey that's good to know that you can do date arithmetic with custom fields in the butler power up! I thought it hadn't made the cut in the move over from the Bot, thanks for clarifying :)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

@HSSEQ Thome I'm pretty sure you can't do due date arithmetic using offsets from custom fields using the Butler Power Up.

Here is the Trellinator code to do what you want:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/05801e7db706e53d0d6148e4ae9a73e7

You can see how to set up Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events