Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add a image to the description of a card?

EarthyJacob101 October 20, 2019

I've been looking up how to do this and all it shows is how to add attachments, which I do know how to do, but I don't know how to add a image or gif into the text of the card itself, can someone explain this to me?

1 answer

1 vote
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

In order to add an image inside a card description, you have to copy and paste the following Markdown code:

![A test image](image.png)

Where image.png should be the image URL, meaning that the file needs to be stored somewhere in order to be added to the Trello card. I hope it makes sense!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

@Alice : if other team members cannot reach the URL, they won't see the image, correct?
E.g.: I used a closed OneDrive URL only I can access.

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant oh good point. Yes, the image must be stored somewhere public.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2019

Thanks for clearing that point up! Appreciate it.

For me this is a perfect answer.... @EarthyJacob101 did it do the job for you? If yes, don't forget to accept the answer! 🏆👏🤓

Like Alice likes this
Micah Rodriguez September 24, 2021

Is there a way to change the size of the image as well?

Tony Hadfield April 4, 2023

Additional question - it appears I can add an image as an attachment, then reference that URL in the description to embed in the description. Furthermore, I noticed I can then delete the attachment, but the embedded image remains as the source image still appears to live on. Is this a valid way to go about this, will the image remain in trello (s3) storage after I delete it as an attachment?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events