Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I withdraw from or delete a guest workspace

Ivan Bezborody November 16, 2021

Can’t find a way to delete a guest workspace from my account. I just don’t need the access anymore and Im out with the person that has created it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

3 answers

2 votes
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

Hi Ivan,

If the workspace shows up as a "guest workspace" that means you aren't a member of the workspace but you are a member of a board within the workspace. In order to remove it from your account, you'll just need to leave all the boards within the guest workspace. This article may help: https://help.trello.com/article/804-leaving-a-board-in-trello

Chris Purser May 27, 2023

Doesn’t work if there is no option to leave the only board in the guest workspace. I’m not an admin. There are others who are. Not me. There is NO leave board option. There is no leave workspace option. It’s silly how dumb this is. 

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2023

@Chris Purser it sound like you might be stuck in an unexpected situation. Can you reach out to Trello support for further assistance? You can open a ticket at https://trello.com/contact

Tim Harvey September 6, 2023

I am having the same issue and if you type "Cannot leave guest workspace" in the search bar, you will get a dozen people having the the same issue and somebody from Atlassian telling them to do something they cannot do before telling them to report the bug.

I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that this bug that hasn't been fixed, or Atlassian customer support and the Atlassian help desk not even logging thereby providing the same "solution" which does not work. 

The fact that Trello users do not have the option to simply leave a guest workspace that they were invited to join is silly, bordering on stupid.  

0 votes
Sarah McCans
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

I was able to leave a guest board by poking around a bit:

1. 'Enter' the guest board that you want to leave

2. Click the 3 dots in the upper right tool bar

3. There should be a 'Leave Board' option at the bottom of the drop down menu

hope that helps

Sarah McCans
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

clarification:

the 3 horizontal dots located on the far right of the Trello toolbar

Tim Harvey February 22, 2024

The "leave board" option does not appear on Windows desktop, web client or mobile app. Trust me, that's the first place I looked. 

However, Paul's iOS hack below did work. 

0 votes
Paul Brayford December 8, 2023

I just needed to figure this out too. At least on the iOS app I was able to go to the Board Menu, select the Board Member list, select my name, then hit the Trash icon in the upper right.

That removed me as a guest member from the board, thus removing the board from my account.

Tim Harvey February 22, 2024

Kudos to Paul for doing something Atlassian support could not -- allowing me to leave a board as a guest. 

dsilla79
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 23, 2024

Thank you, Paul! This worked for me! I've been trying to leave this stupid guest workspace for two years!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events