How do I use trello in a manufacturing firm?

Hey there! I need a little help. I'm trying to get my company to start using trello but I can't figure out how to make it work for us so I'm just going to explain what I need. Basically, everytime we get a new job order, we get anything from 1-10 line items in it. We get confirmation to do different line items on different days. We have different departments that the product has to move through- from job creation in sales to design to machine programming to actual production. Is there any way I can make a board to track these different line items as it moves through the various stages? As in, I move just one line item from a certain project at a time from one stage to the next.
I want my boss to be able to clearly see how many line items from a certain job are pending, what is in a certain stage at the current time and what has been completed. 

I hope I explained this clearly enough. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Matthew N Community Champion Jul 20, 2017

Hey Jonathan

Here's a mock up board that I came up with.  I added a list for the job name, and added 10 cards, 1 for each item for the job.  Inside each card (2 in this example), I added a checklist with 3 items..

• Job Creation-Sales
  • Design
  • Completed  

I also added a due date for the item itself. 

On the front of the card with the checklist, you can see that 0/3 checklist items are complete (see 1st card for reference).  If you check off 1, it will show 1/3 complete (see 2nd card for reference)

Would something like this help?  Thoughts around it?

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jonathan,

I've written a blog post on this topic involving the Screenful Power-Up (which I'm one of the developers). I hope you find it relevant. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Sep 11, 2018 in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

279 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you