Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use Trello to depict my cards & links in a visual mind-map?

Vijay Gopal December 10, 2020

I want to create a board with a series of links between the cards. But I want to show the cards and links in a network diagram - with cards as nodes and links as lines connecting the nodes. In short, i want to create a Mindmap of my cards. In a visually appealing manner.

How do I do this in Trello?

2 answers

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Vijay Gopal ,

Well, I don't think you can change the Kanban layout of Trello!

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020
Vijay Gopal December 10, 2020

Thank you @Soumyadeep Mandal, my initial impression is that we can add flow charts or drawings to cards. But these power ups do not help in creating a visual network of cards out of the existing cards and links. Am I right?

What I am seeking is to change the visual layout of the lists and cards and showing them not as rectangles (cards embedded as lists) but rather showing them as a spider-diagram with lists as main nodes and cards as sub nodes. Does this help?

thank you for the swift response 

Like # people like this
Andreia de Abreu October 29, 2023

Hi@Vijay Gopal, I was googling "Trello graph that shows card links" when I found your query here. Did you find any way to achieve what you intended?

It will be really handy if Trello makes a feature like that.

I have a couple of ideas to achieve that but will duplicate my work, and at the moment my time is very focused on things I need to achieve soon which makes me postpone my attempts to create a Graph that shows the linked cards of Trello.

If you found something that doesn't require too much time to achieve that, please let me know :)

All the best, kindly,
Andreia

Vijay Gopal October 29, 2023

Unfortunately, I haven’t found an answer to my query. It looks like the kanbaan layout is the only way the cards are depicted.

Hope you find an alternative.

Best wishes

Hi @Vijay Gopal thank you for the time to reply to me.

I just found something that works like I intended and I think it was what you were looking for too: 

https://trello.com/power-ups/6333f76a988ceb01e68c006e/dependencies-graph

Hope it is😊

Unfortunately, that power-up doesn't work...
1) the already connected cards don't reflect there. We need to go individually to link through the power-up.
2) Linking (define what is blocked and what is being blocked) doesn't work.

If in the future I find something, I will try to remember to share it with you.

All the best, kindly,
Andreia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events