Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update an automation to remove a former users name

Jessica Potting December 14, 2021

I’m wanting to update an automation that another user with our organization setup who is no longer with the org.  Every time a card is moved, it says “@user…insert action”.  So others think that person is doing it despite telling them several times it’s an automation. How can I remove the former users info and maintain that automation ?

2 answers

0 votes
Martin.Paredes August 21, 2023

Hello @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ could you explain the rest of the process if I'm Admin and I can see other user automations?

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Jessica Potting 👋

That sounds a bit of a headache, hopefully we can get this sorted out for you. Just to double check a few things...

• Are you an admin of the board?
  • Has the team member who left been removed from the board?
  • Do you use the Command Libraries feature to store and share your automations for this board?

All the best,

Laura

Yes I am the admin of the boards and created them.  The user is still on the board right now.  I was concerned that if she were to be removed that it would also delete the automations.  

we do not use that, no. Sorry I’m not familiar with what that is 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Thanks for getting back to me Jessica, that's great. If you open the Butler directory are you able to see the automations set up by the other user at all?

My apologies but Where can I find the Butler Directory? It’s been a long time ago that these were setup. I don’t think I have butler any longer ?

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

It's okay, no need to apologise at all. That's what we're here for 😊

To open the directory, select the Automation button at the top of your Trello board.

Alternatively, you can open the directory by going to Show menu > Automation.

Ok unfortunately it doesn’t appear I’m able to see any of this persons. Only mine 

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

I had an inkling that would be the case. That does mean you won't be able to make any updates to that automation.

Do you know the set ups of the automations the other user created? If so, my suggestion would be to remove the user from the board and workspace and reset the automations so you are able to make any future updates where required. 

Is there any way to request permission from the user to view/access them? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

Due to the user no longer being in your organisation you wouldn't be able to naturally request anything from them. Below is a snippet taken from Trello support on when an admin leaves and you need to recover the account which could potentially work to copy down the automations however your Trello/Company super admin would have to do this due to security reasons...

One option if the user's associated email address is a company email address (e.g., jim@yourcompany.com), you probably have access to their inbox by way of your email management system administrator. Trigger a password reset at https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword and reset their password, then log into their Trello account. Then, make yourself admin over the boards in question. After that, log in as yourself and remove the user from the boards (and maybe make a couple of Workspace members admin over those boards to avoid this situation in the future).

Other than that, I'd suggest just double checking with Trello support by raising a ticket just in case there is some way they can help on the backend of the system. You can raise a support ticket here >> https://trello.com/en-GB/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events