Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I undo a member deletion from a board? Her cards are gone!

Zaira Zambelli Taveira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2022

We have a shared board. One of the users logged in with two different e-mails. When I deleted one the user's member profile, all her cards also disappeared. How can I undo it?

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2022

Hi Zaira,

My name is Sal, and welcome to the community!

When you remove/delete users rather than deactivate them from your Workspace, they will be removed from all cards they're part of, checklist items assigned to them, and lose access to the boards and the Workspace they used to have access to. 

However, their cards shouldn't disappear after removing them as a Workspace member or a board Guest. Instead, I recommend checking if the cards weren't mistakenly archived on your board so you could reopen them back to the card. I'll leave some excellent articles from our help center below if you want to know more about how to deactivate a user, remove someone from your Workspace, and how reopen archived (closed) cards:

And even if these suggestions didn't work for you to restore the work you've lost, feel free to contact us here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events