Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I trigger getting an email every time my coworker add a new card?

April Penn April 5, 2021

My coworker has tagged me on the new card but I don't get any email reminding me that she has done that so I keep not knowing that there is a new card for me to look at. How do I set it up so that I automatically get an email every time a coworker tags me on a new card?

1 answer

0 votes
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Hi @April Penn 

Yes, you should be able to use the Butler to set a Rule to send an email to yourself. The Trigger for the rule would be under Card Content - when you are mentioned in a Checklist, Comment or Description. 

Once you set the Trigger, the Action would also be under Content - towards the bottom you'll see the area where you can send an email. 

Hope this helps!

April Penn April 5, 2021

Thanks, I used Butler to set up a rule though I am not sure if it is set up correctly. I'm not sure what "subscribe" to the card means but I am hoping it will trigger Trello to send me an email. Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 10.46.00 AM.png

Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

I think that will work for you. This is older but should still be accurate - https://blog.trello.com/introducing-subscribe-get-notifications-for-any-card 

You can then adjust your notifications (click the bell icon in the upper right to check).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events