How do I sort a list on Trello by most recent update to a card?

Sheri Tate July 25, 2022

Hi - I'm looking to have a Trello list sort daily in ascending order with cards that were updated most recently at the top.  I do not see that particular sort option in the drop-down which includes due date, age, start date, etc.  

2 answers

0 votes
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2022

Hi Sheri, thanks for getting in touch!

Rafael here from Trello Support, I hope you're doing okay!

In order to make this happen, you need to store this information in a custom field when the card was last updated in order to be able to make an Automation that sorts using this information.

A workaround for this (and I think it gives you more options) would be using Card Aging Power-Up. You can take a look here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/using-the-card-aging-power-up/

I hope this information helps!

Cheers,
Rafael
Atlassian Support - Trello
ATLASSIAN

Danielle Carr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2024

I would also love to see a default sort option that allows cards in a list to sort by last modified. I'm not keen on adopting these other two options. Specifically I would only want to sort the list itself, not all the lists on the board.

0 votes
Silvia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Sheri Tate

Is there any field storing the last updated date information on your cards?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events