It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I show images in Trello card comments? Edited

This is the ONLY restriction to being able to use Trello as a full blown CRM + PMS.  

I need to be able to screen shot my SMS and Social Media Chat conversations and add them as a comment to a card.  At the moment I am able to add my email communication, but if I can also screen shot and add social + sms chats as well in date order with email conversations, then I have literally have a full blown CRM with date order com records.

Can anybody assist?  Or could trello PLEASE consider adding this option?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook Community Leader Aug 27, 2018

Hey Rosie, 

Unfortunately, it seems like right now you can only add an attachment to the card, and then put the image link within the comment. This may be a workable solution for you since clicking on the image link within a comment shows the image in an overlay screen. 

I can't speak to the Atlassian roadmap, but this has come up as a discussion point in the past. 

I took a poke around to see if there were any addons to resolve this, but couldn't find anything that could modify the UI in this way. 

Cheers Meg, thanks for your help.

I just wish they would add this to the list, it seems like such a simple thing, but it would CHANGE my use of Trello big time. 

Meg Holbrook Community Leader Aug 28, 2018

Total bummer, but I have faith. They recently added the ability to have images on the card cover, so I have to believe that they're moving towards better handling of images. 

Agree with you, will be amazing!

It would 'standard' to have this feature, not amazing.

imho

Joel I'm New Here May 01, 2020

I am really looking forward to see this feature added to the Trello card comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,550 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you