Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show images in Trello card comments?

Rosie Kalber August 25, 2018

This is the ONLY restriction to being able to use Trello as a full blown CRM + PMS.  

I need to be able to screen shot my SMS and Social Media Chat conversations and add them as a comment to a card.  At the moment I am able to add my email communication, but if I can also screen shot and add social + sms chats as well in date order with email conversations, then I have literally have a full blown CRM with date order com records.

Can anybody assist?  Or could trello PLEASE consider adding this option?

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Hey Rosie, 

Unfortunately, it seems like right now you can only add an attachment to the card, and then put the image link within the comment. This may be a workable solution for you since clicking on the image link within a comment shows the image in an overlay screen. 

I can't speak to the Atlassian roadmap, but this has come up as a discussion point in the past. 

I took a poke around to see if there were any addons to resolve this, but couldn't find anything that could modify the UI in this way. 

Rosie Kalber August 27, 2018

Cheers Meg, thanks for your help.

I just wish they would add this to the list, it seems like such a simple thing, but it would CHANGE my use of Trello big time. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Total bummer, but I have faith. They recently added the ability to have images on the card cover, so I have to believe that they're moving towards better handling of images. 

Agree with you, will be amazing!

henrypenny March 8, 2020

It would 'standard' to have this feature, not amazing.

imho

Joel May 1, 2020

I am really looking forward to see this feature added to the Trello card comment.

1 vote
Zied Kerkeni November 25, 2020

totally agree, I think it s a limitation for Trello (as agile way to communicate) to not have such feautre.

Dominic P. January 6, 2021

Totally agree, that's a real limitation. "A picture is worth a thousand words".

Does anybody know if this is on the Trello roadmap for 2021? I'd love to see this feature.

Joel January 6, 2021

Putting this into my 2021 wish list... 

Arian January 14, 2021

Same here. That would be a great feature!

Like Sergey Lubimov likes this
0 votes
Jeff Bertman November 20, 2022

Sooo Important and Sooo easy for Atlassian since they already allow images to be inserted in the body of the main Card Description text (not just as attachment as commented above).

>> This is the only main blocker for our Team to adopt Trello more pervasiveness..Like person above, we need to add screenshots etc for meetings (eg stuff we markup during the mtg + maybe a couple key slides from a deck). Can't put all meetings in Card Description - it is an iterative activity well suited for Comments.

Also need for other purposes. Just 1 more idea (of many) -- adding ideas for different angles, etc. Eg for organizing input on a business activity. We have contributions from ~3 people, each is well suited to a different Comment kinda like Channel in Slack,.MS Teams, etc. We use MS Teams, Slack, Discord, et al platforms for larger topics with different groups (each group has different tool preferences). But for Idea staging, etc on a single activity, Trello cards w/ Comments helps a lot. It is a common tool that could become even more common w/ a few more key features like this -- despite so much competition out there.

>> Adding images inline in the text is *essential*  -- vs attaching outside each Comment and adding links which is so awkward, most people don't bother... and then those people STOP using Trello :(

========

Thanks for your consideration, Atlassian support -- and other readers here.

Make.itna Gr8 Day 👍🏽 🎗

Daniel Tan June 18, 2023

was finally able to for a few months and then it stopped working. it keeps saying it needs to be in jpg or png. I'm attaching screenshots, so they are. i even tested by saving it and checking files properties to see file type. but keep getting "error, file must be in blah blah blah" (using edge and chrome and both updated)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events