Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set "sort by Alphabetical A-Z" as my default sort filter in collections?

Manson Slik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2021

How do I set "sort by Alphabetical A-Z" as my default sort filter in collections instead of it automatically defaulting to "newest." All of our boards in collections have been set up alphabetically and the new system is very frustrating. 

10 answers

5 votes
Michelle.McIntyre
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2021

Since the navigation change to Trello launched just recently, this Sort by most recent is the default for all Workspace boards too, including business class boards.

We want to be able to set the default for our workspaces to Alphabetical A-Z. It is very frustrating to have to change the sort order every time you visit a workspace.

Is there any way to set this by default via a workspace's settings? I cannot see any way to do this. Thank you.Trello - new navigation sort defaults.PNG

2 votes
Gerardo Blitzer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 26, 2023

Still no news on this? :(

2 votes
Chris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 24, 2022

I'd like to second this, but add to it. Would love to be able to set a default sort order based on any of the available criteria. In particular, we'd like to have every list default to sorting the cards by due date, so that the lists are in the order of when things need to be done.

2 votes
Cyn Coulouthros
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 15, 2022

Yes!!!!!! This would be very helpful to sort alphabetically as default.

2 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2021

Hey @Manson Slik 

I understand what you're looking to change, but I'm afraid there's not a way to force a different default sorting for your collections. I'll definitely pass your interest in that over to our product teams though.

I can't give any guarantee that we'll be able to introduce that, but it will at least be logged internally and taken into consideration.

Let me know if there's any more questions or feedback I can share for you.

Latrice Folkes Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 21, 2021

Yes another vote for being able to set the default setting for our workspaces to Alphabetical A-Z. I'm having the same problem. I numbered my boards in a certain order for organization and now they are always jumbled unless I change the setting manually. It becomes extra problematic when I'm sharing my boards with others and they are out of order.

Thank you

Like # people like this
Lone Star Cowboy Poetry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 31, 2021

I am needing to also change the default setting for our workspaces to Alphabetical A-Z. Please help get this done.

Like Cyn Coulouthros likes this
Heather Flanagan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 10, 2021

+1 from me as well. This would be a super-convenient feature.

Like Cyn Coulouthros likes this
Vanessa Richmond
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 10, 2022

Another vote from me. We organize everything alphabetically by client code, and right now everything is jumbled. Thank you!

Jeannie Davis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 28, 2022

Me, too. I vote for an alphabetical A-Z default as well. Thanks.

Bart Kuiper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 27, 2023

Throwing my vote into the ring too. Being able to navigate to the boards view and quickly and consistently being able to find and open your required board is critical. And if you have lots of boards, it's frustrating to have to be able to first find and then open your board (as you often need to first manually set the sort order).

1 vote
Rudolf Etsebeth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 20, 2023

Another vote from me!

1 vote
Matt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 3, 2023

This must be resurrected. It's extremely disruptive to productivity especially when presenting and moving through the boards back and forth. Thank you!

0 votes
Sean McClintock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 27, 2024

You DON'T HAVE CHANGING THE SORTING DEFAULT???

Good. GOD. YOU PEOPLE ARE AMATEURS.

0 votes
Herbert Hartman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 3, 2023

I'm guessing this issue has not be resolved or "fixed" by admin??  This is very frustrating when changing between boards all day long.  Please change the default to Alphabetical!

0 votes
Madeline McEwen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 14, 2023

I also want to cast my vote for this change. Custom ordered boards would greatly improve my experience. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events