Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove a guest and their board from workspace (free plan, not admin of board)

flee541 April 10, 2022

Hi

How do I remove a guest and the board they created in my workspace. The guest is not with our company anymore, and the board their created I have no admin access to and as such cannot delete or remove.

I also have no ability to "leave " the board as stated in other answers. I also can't remove the guest from the board because they are the admin and I am not.

Curious as to how to remove them from the workspace as it is confusing existing members as to which Trello board to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

1 answer

1 vote
Wm_ Auckerman April 10, 2022

I don't know if things have changed, but I needed to do something similar last year (someone had created a private board in the workspace, so I not only couldn't remove it, but I couldn't even see who was the board admin); the answer I got at the time was "sorry, it can't be done."

I finally managed to remove that board it by signing up for the free 14-day premium trial, deleting the board during the premium trial period, and then letting the premium trial end. That's something you can only do once, though, so make sure you do all the necessary workspace housekeeping chores during the trial. (And a tip to prevent it happening again in the future; I created several "placeholder" boards so that all 10 slots in my free plan are used; that way no one can "accidentally" create a new board.)

flee541 April 12, 2022

Thanks for letting me know, thank god there is at least this solution.

At the same time for the guys at Trello, how is this an acceptable solution? Appreciate you want people to sign up to the product, but honestly this is some broken system if you can't even remove aboard without paying.

Michael Janke August 1, 2022

Thanks a lot for this info. I got the same answer from atlassian, when I asked a month ago. Regards, Michael

@Trello support: would be nice to have some sort of workflow to get done things like these :-)

teslatank January 19, 2023

Yes, coming from the future. This is still the only way to delete private board and remove the guest user. 

esseeulembro October 6, 2023

Did I get that right or are they FORCING people to pay to exclude a person who is no longer part of their plan? This is illegal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events