Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I remove a guest and their board from workspace (free plan, not admin of board)

Hi

How do I remove a guest and the board they created in my workspace. The guest is not with our company anymore, and the board their created I have no admin access to and as such cannot delete or remove.

I also have no ability to "leave " the board as stated in other answers. I also can't remove the guest from the board because they are the admin and I am not.

Curious as to how to remove them from the workspace as it is confusing existing members as to which Trello board to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

1 answer

I don't know if things have changed, but I needed to do something similar last year (someone had created a private board in the workspace, so I not only couldn't remove it, but I couldn't even see who was the board admin); the answer I got at the time was "sorry, it can't be done."

I finally managed to remove that board it by signing up for the free 14-day premium trial, deleting the board during the premium trial period, and then letting the premium trial end. That's something you can only do once, though, so make sure you do all the necessary workspace housekeeping chores during the trial. (And a tip to prevent it happening again in the future; I created several "placeholder" boards so that all 10 slots in my free plan are used; that way no one can "accidentally" create a new board.)

Thanks for letting me know, thank god there is at least this solution.

At the same time for the guys at Trello, how is this an acceptable solution? Appreciate you want people to sign up to the product, but honestly this is some broken system if you can't even remove aboard without paying.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,264 views 27 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you