How do I remove a board created by a former employee?

Caryn Martinez April 23, 2021

I don't think I have a "workspace" (honestly, I'm not sure what that is.) I have an account, and I have boards. I've been deleting old boards, and I realized that I can't delete a few; I can only "leave" them. I think that's because someone else created them. How can I remove them, and how can I see who has permission to use the account?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2021

The only options are to upgrade to Business Class, and gain control of the boards, or just move your boards to a new workspace (and leave the old one), or ask the person to log into their old account and remove the boards.  (I guess you could also send a password reset to their account if you control the domain for the business and access the account that way).

So are my current boards part of a workspace? I keep seeing prompts to create a workspace. I don't see "workspace" anywhere under my account or settings. 

Also, how would upgrading change anything? I'm still not the creator of the boards. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2021

I don't know if your current boards are part of a workspace, but I suspect they are because of how you described the issue.  You could share a screenshot or loom.com and I could verify (But please don't post things you don't want to be public) or you could contact us at https://trello.com/contact.

If you go to https://trello.com/ and look on the left hand side, it will list your workspaces. If you click on one of them, it will give you the option to show the boards in your workspace.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2021

"If you are a Workspace admin, you can see all Workspace boards on the boards tab of your Workspace, even private Workspace boards. With Trello Business Class Workspace admins become super admins. As an admin, you can see all other boards in the Workspace, even private boards you're not a member of."

https://help.trello.com/article/714-business-class-user-guide

Here are two screenshots. One is from the "home" tab. The other is the view when I'm on a board, and can see the other boards in the menu on the left.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 11.58.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-23 at 11.57.55 AM.png

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2021

Ok, this is easier. You haven't yet put your boards into a workspace (eventually you will have to do this, but the easy thing to do now, is just "leave" those boards you don't want anymore and they won't show up in your lists).

I won't see them at all?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2021

No, if you leave them you shouldn't see them anymore (maybe they appear in the recent menu for a bit, I'm not sure).

Like Caryn Martinez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events