Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I receive notifications when I do something in Trello?

Daniel Bomberg September 14, 2020

It seems like I receive notifications when other users do something on a card I am a member. But I want to be able to receive notifications when I do something in the card (to keep track of what I do, like a "Sent" folder in email). How do I receive notifications for what I do?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Daniel Bomberg what types of things would you like to keep track of and where would you like those notifications to appear?

Daniel Bomberg September 16, 2020

@Iain Dooley I would like to keep track of all my actions in Trello (assigning members, moving cards, etc.) and I would like them to appear when clicking the bell icon on the upper right-hand side of the webpage, in a pop-up notification, and in the notification email Trello sends me. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

@Daniel Bomberg one way you could do it is:

1) Create a second Trello account and email email notifications 

2) Login using that account and join/watch all your boards:

https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards

3) That account will then get notified about all actions that anyone takes on any of those boards, including you

If you use Gmail you can easily create another account that will send emails to your address by using a "+" sign in your email address and then use a filter to automatically label all those notification emails:

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/09/how-to-use-the-infinite-number-of-email-addresses-gmail-gives-you/

Note that you can also see actions in the board's activity feed even if you don't receive notifications for them:

https://help.trello.com/article/822-the-board-menu

Daniel Bomberg September 17, 2020

@Iain Dooley Thank you for your suggestion. I will share it with my team and see if this meets your needs. Your thoughts on this matter is much appreciated. 

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

Make yourself another account, and call the user "File & Archive" with a file-archive@company email address.  Then just go in there and see everything.

I use that email to set up boards as admin, then me as a normal user so I dont get distracted with "admin" stuff when I'm doing productive work.

Pigeon hole it all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events