Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I notify team members that I created a card?

Erol Yıldız
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2021

I can add members to my cards and they can see those cards in their profile but is there a way to notify them that they have been added to a card? 

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

A notification should be triggered when you add someone as a member of a card. See documentation here

"And at any time, you’ll get notifications when…You are added to a card, board, or Workspace."

Just make sure everyone has email notifications turned on, and if you'd like them to get a desktop notification, I find the Trello desktop app is a bit more reliable for the pop-up notifications. 

Inbal Chesner December 18, 2021

Thank you, is it possible that all team members can be notified at the app ?

It seems not to work for my team members, only to me as an admin.
Can you advice?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Inbal Chesner so you're wanting to have your team receive the pop-up desktop notifications from the Trello desktop app? If your team members are being added as a member of a card, and they're using the desktop app, but they're still not getting the pop-up notifications, it could potentially be related to their computer settings. Do they have notifications blocked/snoozed? Do they have the app open? If the app is closed, they won't get notified. 

Inbal Chesner December 20, 2021

Hello Hannah, thank you for your message.

It is only about the mobile app notifications. Is it possible for my team to receive notifications on the app only for specific lists ? And for one team member only to view and use only one list ?

Is it the ‘watch’ that distinguishes which of the lists we each choose to receive notifications ?

Thank you for your help,

Inbal

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

Hi @Inbal Chesner you can watch a list, and what that means is you'll be notified of any card that gets added to that list, as well as all changes made to cards within that list. However, if you're watching cards in other lists (e.g. you're a member of a card in a different list), you'll still be notified of updates to those cards. So there's no real way to "mute" specific lists.

In terms of these members only seeing/using one specific list in a board, this isn't currently possible. You might want to explore creating separate boards for each individual and syncing the relevant cards from the main board into each individual's board using Unito. You can then remove them from the main board and just give them access to their own personal board. That will answer your question around notifications as well.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events