Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I never, ever, see the "link google account" thing ever again?

tim_cull
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2022

I don't want to link my Google account to Trello, and I never will.  And, even if I did link my account, I *still* would not want docs links converted to smart links or whatnot.  

Nonetheless, every card that has a docs link in it shows this prompt, which takes up lots of real estate and is super annoying.  How do I tell Trello, once and for all, "no, I don't want to link my Google account, and please stop asking?"

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 7.43.48 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2022

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out!

Right now, there isn't a way to disable the "Connect" indicator when you add a Google Drive link to a board. I definitely understand how this could be helpful, so I've flagged this as a feature request with the product team.

If it's something you'd prefer not to see, I'd recommend creating a regular card and adding that Google Drive link as an attachment to that card.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

sfarago
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 2, 2023

I am 100% in agreement with Tim. This "feature" is really annoying and there should be some type of "opt out" connection with Google. Please post any updates to fixing this option. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events