Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move all cards in List A to list B if a card with a specific label is added to List A?

Kanban LSH September 6, 2022

Basically, how do I make a rule that moves all cards in "List A" to "List B" if I create/add a new card to "List A" with a specific label?  I need to be able to move all my employees tasks to a shared tasks list if they are sick, or go on vacation.  Currently I add a card to the top of their list with a "Employee not available" if they are sick or on vacation, and I manually move all their tasks to a shared tasks list.  I want them to move automatically, is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

@Kanban LSH welcome to the community :) you could set this up using cascading rules in butler, but it would mean you'd have to have a "trigger" card in each list. The idea would be to trigger the automation when a certain label is added to that trigger card (e.g. an "OOO" label). This trigger card would need to be linked to all the cards that need to be moved. You can link cards by either adding them in the attachments or linking them in the checklists (this could be achieved through automation as well). From there, your rule would read something like "when the OOO label is applied to a card, for each card linked in the attachments, move the cards to list "B". 

An alternative would be to create a board button for each list.

I'm wondering though if it's worth automating this process though? You could just move all cards in a list like so:

move all cards in a list.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events