How do I make every card include a checklist?

Benji Cooper October 17, 2019

Annotation 2019-10-17 145131.pngI tried using this rule, but it is not working. I also tried making the trigger "when I add a card to the board" to no avail. To be clear, the "Steps" Checklist should be blank/empty, so I just need to create a card and click on it to add the steps.

What am I overlooking?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2019

Hi Benji,

When you use the "add the x checklist" action, that's looking for an existing checklist on the card and trying to copy it. This can get complicated when multiple versions of that checklist might already exist on a board.

Instead, if you're only trying to create a new, empty checklist on the board, you want to use the 'add an empty checklist named x' action, which will do just that: 

CleanShot 2019-10-19 at 15.09.19@2x.png

That should work much better for you!

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2019

Hi Benji,

In my experience it's better to have the checklist specifically linked to make it work. I use mine to insert a checklist for my BodyPump workouts, so that I can see how I'm improving my weights, but the example works. This is how mine looks:

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 19.01.49.png

The reason that I have this is so that if I change the checklist, the rule will bring in the most recent version of it. But also, if I create another checklist with the same name, Butler can't tell which one you want to have, so if you've got multiple checklists called 'steps' Butler won't be able to tell which one you want and won't copy anything. 

If you have it pointing to a specific card, then it'll always know which one to copy over. I also change the name of the list to make it specific and add the date to the front of the checklist, but that's just me!

Hope this helps!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events