Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make due dates "cascade" on a card?

Sarah Khan May 21, 2020

Hi! I have a card with a checklist where the items have multiple due dates dependent on one target date. Is there a way to enter a target date and have all of the other due dates "cascade"? Eg: If my next target due date for a recurring event is June 1, and I have tasks that regularly need to be completed 3 days before, 1 week before, 5 days after, etc. is there a way to make them auto-populate, so to speak?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2020

Hi @Sarah Khan, I'm afraid that this isn't a feature in Trello right now, and I'm happy to pass the idea onto our team for consideration!

Sarah Khan May 23, 2020

Thank you!

Shyam Reyal May 31, 2020

This is a 'must-have' feature required for card-mirroring and task dependencies. Eagerly looking forward to this.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Audra Caldwell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

Has this feature been added?  I am only seeing info from 2020

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

@Sarah Khan it sounds like you want to have due date dependencies in a gantt chart view. The best tool for doing this with Trello in my opinion is Placker.

Sarah Khan May 25, 2020

Ooh, I've not heard of this. I'll give it a look! Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events