How do I make a new rule that when I add a new card to the board it is alphabetized.

Kim Noreen Anderson May 19, 2022

When I add a new card to the board, I want that card to automatically go into alphabetical order - or to be able to choose that when I am moving a card. 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Arjen Wassink May 20, 2022

Hi Kim, 

Each list on a board has several sort options. One of the sorr options is Card Name (alphabetical).

You can set the sort option via the three dots in the top right corner of each list. Choose Sort by then Card Name.

Is this what you are looking for? 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Hi @Kim Noreen Anderson ! You can use butler automation to achieve this. Try something like "when a card is added to the board, sort list alphabetically" or "when a card is added to list "X",..."

Kim Noreen Anderson May 21, 2022

I have not actually tried either of the two answers received but have copied them both and will try them next week. Thank you so much for taking your time to answer me. Appreciation is sincere. This would make my life so much easier. Also - I checked the "answer accepted" boxes before trying either of these answers but not certain of the protocol here in this forum and assuming you both know the answers. Again, sincere gratitude. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events