Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I log description changes with Activity?

Colton Loewen (cj) November 26, 2017

I'm starting work on a Trello board ware I will direct participants of a game design project to. Many of these participants I will have never met before and I can't possibly know their intent.

I've already done all I can to protect the project itself, but I need some way to protect its Trello documentation and the other Trello accounts. My plan is to temporarily remove offending users, contact them about the offence if possible, and undo the damage that was caused as much as possible.

In most cases, I can replace damaged lists and cards from a backup board, but I need to know what was damaged. Is there any feature, or power-up available that could track when the description of a card is changed? Or better yet, undo a user's changes when I remove them from the board.

2 answers

0 votes
Colton Loewen (cj) November 27, 2017

After reviewing the requirements, All members will need to be able to do is assign them self to a card, and add files. Adding members can be done manually, and files could be submitted using another service.

I wouldn't consider this optimal and it would be great to have a more intuitive option, but it does work (not enough to be considered an answer).

0 votes
Zach L_Anglois November 27, 2017

This can easily be done with ButlerBot. Something like the following:

when the name or description of a card is changed, post comment "```Current Text: {textafter}\n\nPrevious Text: {textbefore}\n```"

Colton Loewen (cj) November 27, 2017

Someone could still delete the card with the task.

Zach L_Anglois November 27, 2017

Even so, if ButlerBot posts a comment, it should show up in the activity feed.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is another way that you can prevent people from deleting cards if they have full access to the board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events