Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link a Jira task to a Trello card from Jira?

Donovan White July 9, 2019

I've got the Trello Jira widget working from the Trello PowerUp for Jira, enabling me to link to an existing Jira task or create a new Jira task from the Trello card's details screen.

I can't figure how to do the reverse from a Jira task - create a new Trello card or link to an existing Trello card from a Jira task screen. 

2 answers

0 votes
Andreia Preda May 6, 2021

Hey, you can do this with Zapier, I just managed to do it for my board. Check this out https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/trello/1106/create-trello-cards-from-new-jira-issues

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2019

Hey Donovan,

The standard Jira Cloud app / Trello Powerup we ship only really integrates cards with issues from the Trello side. In Jira, you'll see a link to any Trello cards that mention the Jira issue (like you would see any Confluence pages that mention the Jira issue). But there currently is not a function to create a new Trello card from Jira or link to existing cards (from the Jira side).

Cheers,
Daniel

Deleted user November 20, 2020

Hi Daniel, 

Is it possible to link task from Jira to Trello board? For example I create the task in Jira and then automatically this task adding to Project board in Trello ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events