Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I isolate automations per list?

Talia Rosengarten May 15, 2023

I have a list consisting of cards and checklists that have automations regarding starting the next task, etc.

I need to duplicate this list, but have the automations only be applicable for that list. 

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the feedback.

So If I do this & then duplicate the list, will I have to go back into the automation and change it every time?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

If you use the condition, it will only execute the automations for the first list.  You make this change only once and it will apply permanently. 

Only thought, 

when you duplicate the list, do you give it a different name to the original?

Yes, the duplicated list has a different name to the original...

I need the automation process to run with the duplication, but for the automations to be isolated per list.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Okay, understood. Originally I thought you were looking to just isolate the automations to the first list and not apply to the duplicated list.

Just to try and understand. You have list A, with automations that execute based on certain triggers.  When you copy list A to make list B, do you want automations to be executed on list B as soon as it is created or just when the same triggers occur?

What triggers are you using in your automations? 

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2023

Hi @Talia Rosengarten 

For the list when you want the automations to exectute, you'll have to modify the automation trigger to include a "in list name..." condition.  

Screenshot 2023-05-15 144622.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events