Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I have different checklists, under different cards feed into and populate another checklist?

Andy Southey July 18, 2022

I need a few different checklists under a few different cards to feed into and populate another checklist. But how do I do it? Here's my set-up and an example.

My Trello board is split up into the following lists:

• To-do
  • In Progress

- Project 1

- Project 2 

- Project 3

• Done

--------------------------------------

• Leadership Team
  • Creative Team
  • Logistic Team
  • Sunday Planning Team

Under Projects 1, 2 and 3 I will have various checklists and included in these will be a checklist for each team e.g. Leadership Team, Creative Team etc. . I need the leadership team checklist under each project to be duplicated and synced with the Leadership Team list, so the Leadership Team list is populated by the lists under the projects. 

The goal is, to go into a meeting such as a Leadership Team or Creative Team meeting and be able to load that teams list and see all the tasks populated by the various other check lists.

I looked at the Merge Checklist power up, but this is to merge a whole card, rather than individual checklists within a card.

Thank you, in advance, for your thoughts and ideas.

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

@Andy Southey welcome the community! this definitely sounds like something you could build with Butler automation - maybe something like whenever a checklist is added to a card with the Leadership Team label, create a new checklist on Leadership Team card with those items. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events