Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get sound notifications for Trello in Chrome on a Windows computer?

Curtis Rittenour August 14, 2023

I have Windows 10 and am using Trello in Chrome. How do I set up sound notifications for changes made to my board?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Beverley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2023

Hi Curtis - welcome to the community!

You can enable desktop notifications here from your Accounts page, and click on the 'Allow desktop notifications' button.

We have a guide with more information on receiving Trello notifications, including how to enable desktop notifications: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/receiving-trello-notifications/#Desktop-notifications

I hope that helps!

Curtis Rittenour August 16, 2023

Thank you, Beverley, for your time.

I've tried all these settings and I'm still not getting "sound" notifications.

The red bell always shows up in the browser version of Trello (I use Chrome), but I was hoping for a "ding" sound on my computer whenever a red bell (change) takes place.

My iPhone application of Trello can produce a sound when there's a change/notification, but not on my desktop computer.

My accounts page does not have an "Allow desktop notifications" button.

I clicked on the lock icon and have set "allow" for Trello in Chrome site settings, but I don't get sound notifications.

I use Ad Block software. Does that have something to do with it?

In my Windows settings, I have "Get notifications from apps and other senders" turned on. But Trello (which I guess is not an app) is not listed. Google Chrome is listed, but it is turned off. I wonder if that is the problem.

Maybe what I'm asking for doesn't exist.

Curtis Rittenour August 16, 2023

I just figured out the problem. It was the Windows setting for notifications from Chrome. I was looking for a Trello setting, but Trello is running in Chrome, not as a standalone app.

Like Beverley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events