How do I get notifications for each card to be sent to a specific channel?

Luisa March 18, 2021

I already know how to make the board notifications go to specific Slack channels, but I need to send notifications for each card to a specific channel. Because each card is related to a job and I need notifications for that card to be sent to the channel for that specific job on Slack. For example, my Job 1, I have the Job 1 card and I have the Slack channel called Job 1, I need the notification only for the Job 1 card to be sent to the Job 1 channel and not to send notifications from other cards in this same channel on Slack.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Erin Burke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi Luisa! I'm a PM on the Product Integrations team and we'd love to chat with you, you can reach out to me via email at eburke@atlassian.com smile

Otavio Oliveira May 16, 2022

I have the same need as above.

We want to send notifications to Slack channels naming cards individually. 

For example: 

Card Titles are not standardized. 

Card Title: Remove Second Paragraph from Document 1
Card Title Send email to Person X

I want to send a notification on slack that says 

"Remove Second Paragraph from Document 1 now in progress." 
"Send email to person X" is now completed

Rather than one that says, "A card is now in progress." / "A card has been set as completed." 

How can this "Individualized " notification be achieved when the card titles do not follow a specific naming standard?

The available filters seem to be from standardized actions...

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

@Luisa 

While I have not used the Trello-Slack interface. I am aware that it is board specific.

If you need to trigger one for a card, you probably need to use Butler Http Request to trigger a POST request to that specific channel. 

I tested my backend which can be called from Butler Http Request to write to a channel as a Bot. A variable which carries the name of channel was sent and it writes a message successfully to the channel. It does not write to a non-existing channel but being able to carry it via a HTTP request parameter and/json from Butler was definite a plus. 

Here I am just sending a message not trapping Trello’s notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events