Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my Gravatar to show on Trello boards?

Jennifer Waterfall June 20, 2020

When I went to view my Trello board today, I wasn't logged in even though I never logged out. When I logged back in using Google, it prompted me to log into Atlassian as well. My accounts ARE connected. When I go to change settings on Trello, I'm directed to Atlassian.

My Gravatar is showing up here, BUT it's not showing up on my boards. I get the default grey circle with my initials. I tried clearing cache and reloading page. That didn't work.

3 answers

1 vote
Caleb Case
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 4, 2020

I fixed this by adding an image on the Atlassian profile page, refreshing Trello, confirming this temporary image showed up, then removing the image, and refreshing Trello again. Now my gravatar shows up as my profile image on Trello.

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2020

Hi @Jennifer Waterfall ,

Please go through the below steps & also clear the browsing data and log in again:

Changing your profile picture (avatar)

To change the profile picture  shown in Trello, log into your Atlassian account at https://id.atlassian.com/ and then go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility to change your profile picture. Click on the current profile picture to either change or remove the current picture:

Using a legacy Trello account? To change your Trello profile picture, also called your avatar, go to http://trello.com/me— hover over your existing avatar and choose "Change".

Your account's avatar is visible to anyone on the internet, including those that find you through search engines like Google. Trello also supports Gravatar, a site that lets you upload your avatar once and use it on various sites across the internet. Trello will default to using your Gravatar if that is available. Note that WordPress avatars are automatically uploaded through Gravatar.

Jennifer Waterfall June 21, 2020

All you did was copy and paste the help file I already read. It's seems that you didn't read the OP at all.

I don't want to change my profile picture. I'm using a Gravatar. I have been using a Gravatar successfully for years. I have not changed my email address. I don't have a legacy Trello account as I stated in my OP that my Trello account IS connected to my Atlassian account.

My Gravatar displays properly here. So why doesn't it display properly on Trello? It worked fine last night and I didn't change anything.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2020

Hi @Jennifer Waterfall ,

people often don't link to visit links so I thought I should provide the content over here... anyways have a look in this link https://www.cloudpipes.com/integrations/gravatar/trello

Jennifer Waterfall June 22, 2020

What is that link supposed to tell me? It looks like information about an API maybe. If it's supposed to help with this issue, I don't understand it.

How can I submit a bug report or get someone from Trello team to respond to this question? Trello says they support Gravatar. I have a Gravatar, yet Trello is not pulling my avatar from Gravatar. They are displaying a span with my initials as text.

When I go to my settings on Trello, they direct me to Atlassian because my accounts are connected. When I go to my settings on Atlassian, there's my Gravatar displaying as expected.

I did not change anything. My Gravatar was there on Trello one day and gone the next. All references I've read say that Trello supports Gravatar. I don't see any notification that Trello has discontinued support deliberately. So I have to assume it's a bug.

I have logged out of Trello and Atlassian, removed all cookies that have anything to do with either domain, cleared the cache, and then logged back in. Still no joy.

It seems I'm not the only one having problems with avatars on Trello: Avatars-in-Trello-App-for-Microsoft-Teams-are-broken

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2020

oK! In that case, you can ask Trello support!

https://www.trello.com/contact

also include this question's link and if any screenshot of your problem. They can solve your problem easily!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

@Jennifer Waterfall Yes I have noticed several broken profile photos following the Atlassian migration. I've just gone into the Atlassian profile and uploaded a photo there and it fixed it. But then I wasn't really concerned bout gravatar, so maybe that's broken, as @Soumyadeep Mandal mentioned you can go back to trello.com/contact and walk through the automated bits and pieces until you get to the actual support form.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events