Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a linked card to follow its parent to another list?

Mason Wyszynski March 13, 2024

I want to have all linked and related cards move as a group so that if one card is moved from a list to another, the other cards follow. I have gotten as far as moving all related cards, but the only options in the "automate" creator are for specific lists or boards.

Edit: I tried the code in the answer, but it does not seem to be working as intended. Here is the rule I created, after first trying it with the {} brackets:

when a card is moved out of list "listname" by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, move the card to the top of list "triggercardlistname"

1 answer

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

You can use the variable {triggercardlistname}

when a card is moved into {listname}, for each card linked in checklist named "Checklist", move the card to list {triggercardlistname}

Will this work if I am not using a checklist? I will give it a try in the meantime. Thank you for your answer!

It does not seem to be working as intended. Here is the rule I created, after first trying it with the {} brackets:

when a card is moved out of list "listname" by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, move the card to the top of list "triggercardlistname"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events