Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I get Trello to use the correct email address?

Hi everyone,

My Trello account was created using a GMAIL email address (using a Google sign on via Atlassian), however whenever one of my partners tries to invite me to a board, the email is directed to another email address I use (HOTMAIL). Everything I do in Trello is done using the Google/GMAIL sign in.  

My account was set up using GMAIL at the Atlassian level. It also seems that I have a HOTMAIL account set up at the Atlassian level as well. I have followed instructions and went into Atlassian and removed the HOTMAIL address (I honestly have no idea how a HOTMAIL logon it was created in the first place?) however emails and board invites sent from my partners continue to go to my Hotmail and I am unable to join any baords.

How do I ensure only my GMAIL email is used and ensure I can connect to my partners boards?

Any help is appreciated.

Vince

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 04, 2021

@V Linsley when you click on your profile picture in Trello in the top right which email address shows there?

My Gmail address. But whenever someone on the team assigns me to a Board the email goes to Hotmail and when clicked opens in a Trello login/account I didn't even know I had.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 04, 2021

@V Linsley they're probably inviting you by username rather than email. Get them to type out your full gmail address when adding you to the board, you'll probably find that you have 2 accounts, one of which was created a long time ago

Thanks, but is there a way to get Trello to use my gmail account for my user name? I'm not aware I have another user name for my gmail - why does it choose Hotmail. Having people type out my full email address every time they need to add or connect with me seems unnecessary?

If I delete this other account (HOTMAIL) will this solve the problem?

And thank you for the assistance. My clients are paid subscribers of Trello - I have written to Support and have no received no reply (aside from the auto-generated email). Is there actual Support for Trello - I was hoping to have this addressed fairly quickly for my clients?

Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 06, 2021

@V Linsley the issue is that you have 2 accounts, both with the same name and people are inviting your other account. Just delete the hotmail one. I recommend people invite either by exact username or email address anyway, because it's quite risky otherwise as it's quite easy for people to accidentally invite a complete stranger.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,664 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you