Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I forward an email from Outlook to Trello that includes the attachment?

Andriano De Luca November 20, 2020

I'm pretty sure there used to be a checkmark box on the Trello add-in for Outlook (https://help.trello.com/article/1075-outlook-add-in) where I could choose whether or not to include email attachments but I don't see the option anymore so I am losing files!! Please help.

In the past I have used the email-to-board feature:

1. I read an email in Outlook and decide it needs to be sent to Trello.
  2. I forward the email to Trello. This creates a card in a designated list.
  3. I then open Trello and sort the card into the list the card belongs in.

But I want to reduce time spent reading emails and sorting cards by using the Trello add-in to create cards. With the Trello add-in there is one less step:

1. I receive an email in Outlook and decide it needs to be sent to Trello.
  2. I create a card on Trello in the list the card belongs in.

When I use the Trello add-in to send my emails to Trello though, it does not include the attachment in the card. 

2 answers

0 votes
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi,

You can use Hipporello for this purpose. Hipporello creates a Trello card for each forwarded email. And You don't need to use outlook for further communication. You can send a reply directly from Trello card. Basically, it converts your Trello board to a shared inbox. 

Moreover, you can add build your forms and let your customers/external users create Trello card for each submitted form. 

Please check our website for more details

https://www.hipporello.com

0 votes
Christina Jordan November 20, 2020

I'm new and sure that others have a better answer, but I saved the email in a "saved email" file and then attached it as a file to the card.

Now sure if that helps....sounds like you are asking about an add-on I don't have

Andriano De Luca November 20, 2020

I never thought about saving the email in a "saved email" file. This is an interesting idea, but I'm looking to reduce the steps while holding on to the attachment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events