How do I follow up on an @mention?

Tracy Massey June 17, 2020

When I @mention someone in our team in the Trello free vision web tab, it is usually to delegate a task or get a responce.  I have So many things to delegate that I forget which ones I need to follow up on.  How can I follow up on those @mentions to know if the question was answered of the task was completed?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

@Tracy Massey you and your team might like this product I created that will create a notification card in each person's inbox list when they are mentioned in a comment:

https://trello.com/integrations#benkoboard

It also adds a linked card to any card you're added to, and unwatches any card you're added to (so you get fewer notifications overall) and allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client.

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Hi @Tracy Massey,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you please provide which Atlassian product you are using @mentions in?  The answer to your question will likely be different depending on which product you are working with as they all have a slightly different context for the way in which you might want to follow up.

Thanks!

-Jimmy

Tracy Massey June 17, 2020

Trello free vision

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

Hi Tracy,

I'm not a seasoned pro with Trello, but some of the things I would leverage would be to watch cards that I want to follow updates on until I get the response I'm looking for.  In the web view you will see visual indicators on cards that have new activity you are watching.  Depending on how your team is using Trello other options could be moving cards to specific lists, or using labels which can then also be used to help you search for cards that need to be followed up on.

I'm also going to move this question into the Trello Product collection so that it gets the attention of some of the Trello experts who might have some more creative ideas.

I hope that helps get you started!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events