Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find a board that has disappeared?

Eric Filion September 6, 2017

The main board that I always use just started giving me an error message saying it cannot be found when I try to access it on my computer browsers. I've tried different browsers and all of them give the same error message. The weird thing is that I can still access the board through my tablet and smartphone through the app. I've also checked to make sure that I'm logged into the same account (I only have one anyways) on all my devices (apps and browsers). Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem before?

2 answers

0 votes
John Sparrow August 19, 2021

I’m not sure how helpful this will be, but dozens of my boards disappeared. Clicking the boards icon, then clicking the “closed boards” link at the bottom, I was able to re-open boards that had, for some reason, automatically closed.

0 votes
Eric Franklin September 6, 2017

Hey Eric,

Are you navigating to the board through the application or do you have a URL saved as a shortcut in your browsers? Also, if you hover over the board name under Board > "board you want to navigate to", does the rapidView=<id> in the URL match the id in the URL once you navigate to it?

Thanks for the reply. I've tried navigating to it through the webpage on a browser that doesn't have the URL saved as well as one that does. The URL does match when I hover over the board (it matches on whichever browser I use). I get the same error message regardless. Any other ideas? I thought maybe it could be a glitch related to the browser cookies or something but since I've tried it on browsers that I had never even logged into Trello with that makes me think it's a problem with the web version of my account somehow...

Thanks for the reply. I've tried navigating to it through the webpage on a browser that doesn't have the URL saved as well as one that does. The URL does match when I hover over the board (it matches on whichever browser I use). I get the same error message regardless. Any other ideas? I thought maybe it could be a glitch related to the browser cookies or something but since I've tried it on browsers that I had never even logged into Trello with that makes me think it's a problem with the web version of my account somehow...

Thanks for the reply. Yes to both your questions. I've tried it in browsers that I was logging into Trello for the first time. This makes me think that it's a problem internal to Trello (at least in the browser version for my account)

Eric Franklin September 6, 2017

So I went to look and see if I could find any bugs in Trello's system but my work machine has it blocked off (the darn company firewall sometimes blocks sites by mistake). Have you searched https://trello.com/b/98QrdEK1/issues-bugs to see if any bugs match up to what you are seeing?

Eric Filion September 8, 2017

Hey, thanks for the link. It's been a crazy week at work so I just got to check the link now. It doesn't seem to have anything relevant. Any other ideas? I may have to try contacting Trello people themselves.

Kelli Ann Borgonia March 4, 2019

I just experienced this error today. My board has completely vanished. I did bookmark my board, and now it simply does not exist and the system seems to think I am a brand new user with zero content.

Pretty frustrated, since like you, this is my primary board that I use for everything. In my panic this morning, when I noticed that the board had evaporated in my browser login, I went to my phone and saw that it was still there, and screenshotted all the columns (just in case). And in fact, minutes later, my board (via my phone) was gone as well.

Even if this is fixed, I don't trust Trello anymore, and will tell others about this issue, and move to using a Github Project Board for my task management, which I know is stable and I use for every other kind of project management.

Trello has still not gotten back to me. :( Very sad and frustrated about this. 

Like Kelly Main likes this
Zachary Wiles March 4, 2019

I want to chime in for any future bug Googlers that one of my team members has disappeared in bulk from many boards (most/all he is an admin).
Missing user received no notifications of board removal. Still has entries in activity history, but nothing mentioning removal.

I agree with previous commenter, this is unsettling on a level of trust necessary for a system we depend upon for production.
As I was sharing this here, Trello support has responded to my bug report sent 23 minutes ago. Trust restored. Here's their scoop: 

Thanks for reaching out to Trello Support and I'm sorry for the trouble. Our engineers have been working to reach a resolution on this bug. Please visit https://trello.status.atlassian.com to get some context on it.

If a team members has been unintentionally removed from a board or team, at this time, we recommend to contact the respective admin and request to be added again, as you've already done.

We apologize for the inconvenience and impact you and your team. Thank you for your patience and we work to resolve and prevent future occurrences.

Kelli Ann Borgonia March 5, 2019

@Zachary I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Thought I was crazy for a bit.

I received that message as well, about 10 hours after I contacted support. While it was slightly reassuring that they responded, still not fast enough response time for me to feel much better about it :( This is one case where I really wish that Trello had a chat bot right on the page. I very much value speedy customer support these days.

On top of that... it has been more than 24 hours, and my board is still not restored. Very huge problem for work and productivity in general, trust really not restored. :(

Mats_Jonas_Danielsson March 23, 2020

I have the same problem. All my boards have disappeared, we're talking about years of work. What's the current status, are the boards on their way back?

Justin Blanchard August 13, 2020

I have the same problem here too.  Lost all of my boards.  

Peter Locharernkul October 11, 2020

Ditto. All my boards have disappeared now. What's being done about to resolve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events