Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I filter trigger by attachments?

David Hall April 7, 2021

Probably a dumb question but I am looking to make a simple trigger for cards that have been moved to a given list that only activates if there is an attachment present (e.g. a Trello Attachment or a Dropbox attachment).

I don't necessarily need to know the name of the attachment, simply check if one is there or not before proceeding with the command.

Is such a thing possible?

As a specific example, I am looking to perform an action to a linked card in the attachments after a card is moved to a specific list, but as it is now, this gets triggered any time any card is moved to that list, regardless of if it has a linked card or not. This is chewing away at my quota of commands run as the command is run, even if there is no actual action being taken.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

@David Hall 

You can set a label (invisible) when attachment contains https://trello.com and use that label as a condition on the card.

David Hall April 18, 2021

Thanks for this suggestion. Didn't even think of using an invisible label. This was a nice simple workaround that worked for my task.

0 votes
cmmata April 8, 2021

I don't see the option to check if there's an attachment, but you could do it with a custom field setting it only to the cards with attachments.

Screenshot-20210408091315-975x324.png

You could also assign that custom field automatically

Screenshot-20210408091500-948x370.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events