It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I email a specific list on a board?

My board has multiple lists.  Is there a way to email a specific list on a given board? 

Thanks!

5 answers

Adding a vote to this, but it seems like this is a dead issue.  Seems like a great feature to fill the gap between emailing boards and emailing cards.  I think it would be fine to have something similar to adding labels.  Maybe ~ListName in the subject to place it in the correct list.

3 votes
Mike Atlassian Team Apr 21, 2017

Hi Ryan,

Right now, there's not, but I can definitely pass that request along to the team!

Now, in your board settings, you can choose the one list that your emailed cards will be added to, or you can email specific cards, but not specific lists yet. I like this idea, though!

Great, thanks for passing it on.  I find it easier to manage different tasks within a project as different cards in a list (which all belong to a given board, or subject).  Others may be better at managing tasks within a card, but I find it helpful to be able to re-sort cards, which cannot be done easily with items on a card.

Again, appreciate your help moving forward!

I just want to second this.  I am starting to email things to my Team Member's Trello Lists.  I one board per team and I have a list for each team member on their given Team's Board.  I would love to be able to email the specific Team Members List a To-Do.  

Right now I have selected at random one Team Members List on each board, so that I can email that Board and then go to Trello and move the Card to the correct List.

Thanks for looking into this.  Any movement?

We third this! We have a board with to-be-filed lists and want to be able to email to a particular list within the same board.

We fourth this! Any update team?

We fifth this! Would be nice if it can be like tagging, ie #list_x

I enthusiastically support adding this feature! I envisioned a great set-up for an inbox board . . . that was impossible without this feature. It seems odd we can mail to a board and a card but not to a list.

I Seventh this !!!

Looking for the same feature

Sebastien I'm New Here May 06, 2020

Same here!

This would be an amazing feature to have, I was actively searching for how to do this when I stumbled on this post.

Adding my vote to the pile. List specific email would be awesome. Even for 2-3 lists.

@ (named of list) in subject of emails drops it onto a specific list on a board.  But if there is an easier way I will make my vote the 10th.  Even if this is part of the paid membership only it would be worth it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,638 views 15 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you