Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the "Card Archived" pop-up?

Samuel Chilcott September 18, 2022

Hello,

Previously, I was able to rapid-fire archive cards by pressing the "c" key. This was very efficent and enjoyable.

Now, however, a large white "Card has been archived" pop-up apears, preventing me from accessing the cards on the bottom left of my screen until it goes away. This is frustrating and slow.

I am concerned about where a card as gone, I am happy to check the card history/activity panel or to use the search function to find it (which still works if the card is archived).

Is there any way to disable this "Card Archived" pop-up?

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

@Samuel Chilcott i believe this was recently introduced because a lot of members accidentally archive a card with that shortcut and then don't realize what has happened to it.

I also don't particularly need the toast to let me know it was archived, but it doesn't slow me down too much, i can keep pressing "c" and going, and if anything, it actually makes me wait half a second to be sure i do want to archive it. 

Samuel Chilcott September 18, 2022

Thanks very much for the reply Brittany!

You're right, it doesn't particularly slow me down, except in cases in which I'm going through my largest backlog list, which I have on the left-most of my screen.

In these cases, I've either got to snipe the little 'x' or wait for it to disappear.

All minor issues, but it'd be very nice to have a "Don't show this again" button to press.

Like Clare Long likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

@Samuel Chilcott you might also want to try the Bulk Actions Power-Up! You can select multiple cards and then click archive to do them all at once!

Like # people like this
Samuel Chilcott October 11, 2022

Cheers Brittany, I'll give that a go!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

@Samuel Chilcott @Clare Long @Irene Cordero i used PixieBrix to create an extension that hides the alert (if you're in Chrome).

(DISCLAIMER - i think this will probably hide any alert that would come up in the flyout but it's difficult to test- and this is not a trello developed solution, it's a "me hacking a solution" solution.)

With that aside, you can use the extension by setting up a PixieBrix account (free) and adding the chrome extension, then activating this specific extension i created: https://app.pixiebrix.com/activate?id=@brittany-joiner/hide-card-archived-alert-trello

Works like a charm!

hide-archive-alerts.gif

Hi Brittany, 

Thanks very much, this is a very creative solution!

I primarily use the native version for OSX, but this will be very helpful for people who use chrome!

Kind regards!

2 votes
Irene Cordero
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 24, 2022

My issue with the toast message is the size and placement of it. It probably shouldn't need to be much wider than the text itself, and in my case I'm usually working on a list that is on the left side of the interface so it always covers up where I'm looking. For now I've created a dummy list to left to give the darn thing more space, but then there's all this wasted space.

I haven't found a way to disable it anywhere.

Clare Long September 28, 2022

I have the same problem @Irene Cordero I don't need this feature. @Samuel Chilcott have you found a solution?  I have it with my IT guy to try to work it out. 

I haven't @Clare Long

One non-ideal workaround is to hit the '[' to toggle the sidebar, which will provide you with some extra room for the overly large pop-up.

Wishing your IT guy luck!

Clare Long October 11, 2022

The only work-a-round my IT guy could recommend was an additional automation that would require an extra 2-steps from what we used to be able to do with the simple press of the 'c' key, so not a great option. I've created a "dummy" list to the left to give myself more room.

1 vote
Clare Long September 20, 2022

I was also used to archiving using the 'c' key, and am also frustrated about this extra step.  I'd love to know how to turn that off - I find it annoying. Is there an answer other than the Bulk Actions Power-Up? I

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events