Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I determine who in my team has admin access to my Trello workspace?

Laura Trouille
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

My team and I have used Trello for many years. We have a free account. We can't figure out who of us has admin access and can remove team members and guests who no longer need access (so that we can get under the 10-person access limit). Can you help me figure out which username has admin access to our Trello workspace? 

The workspace is https://trello.com/w/zooniverse1

Thanks!
Laura

3 answers

0 votes
Laura Trouille
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

Thank you both!

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2024

Hi @Laura Trouille, in free Workspaces, every member of the Workspace is an admin. You can see which people are members/admins of the Workspace and which are guests by going to your Workspace members page (in your case, https://trello.com/w/zooniverse1/members). On those pages, you can also click on the "On X board(s)" link by each member to see which boards they're a member of.

The easiest way to see who's the admin for a particular board within the Workspace is to open that board and click on the "Share" button. 

We're bringing some new admin capabilities to free Workspaces in the next few weeks, which will make it easier for you to fully remove any guests and members from your free Workspace. These changes will be in place by the time we begin applying the limit on April 8. I want to also remind that you'll be able to continue using your boards normally with all of your current collaborators until May 20. We will be preventing the addition of new collaborators in April.

One more thing! I want to clarify that the reason David's API calls worked even though he is not a member of your Workspace is because your Workspace and the two boards he referenced are all set to public visibility. Users outside of your Workspace will not be able to access data about non-public boards within the Workspace.

0 votes
David Nickell March 5, 2024

This is a bit of an educated guess since I don't have  Trello and have never been an administrator for it.  But the REST API documentation here: 

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-boards/#api-boards-id-memberships-get

Indicates there is an OrgMemberType field that may give you the answer.  With only 10 users, its a pretty easy thing to test.   

Full Stop.....

I started posting a very detail answer including some sample API calls.   I was stunned  to find all the API calls worked for me, a stranger to you and your organization.

Does this sound right?

• Darren is the admin for your "Out of Data" board
  • Andrea is the admin for your "Front-End Rebuild Roadmap" board.

You can send an email to me at dnickell@splitdimedata.com if you'd like the actual API calls I made.   I decided against posting everything here out of concern for privacy.  

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events