Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a private board I am no longer a member of?

Jade Cherrington October 11, 2021

Hi there,

I have historically set up boards on behalf of other people, set them as the admin and removed myself from the board. However they are showing up in my workspaces as 'private' boards. I have now reached my 10 board limit. But how can I remove these boards I do not use to free up some space for my own board?

Many thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Jade Cherrington ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Quick question are these boards still active for the people you set them up for or are they closed? 

I would recommend reading this Trello article on deleting a board as it takes you step by step through the process depending on whether the board is open or closed.

The concern will be that if someone is still using a board you set up and it is deleted from your workspace they will also lose access to it. Depending on your subscription, the other option is to possibly open up another workspace?

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Jade Cherrington October 11, 2021

Thank you for this Laura!

I am unsure if they are still used as I am no longer in that particular area, as they are set to private now, I am unsure what the boards even are anymore 🙈

I will try to contact the team to either close them or move them to their own workspaces 

Thanks again!

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Happy I could help Jade 😊 Good luck on your mission to cleanse your workspace!

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2021

P.S. If you found this helpful and would like to help fellow Community members in the same position find the solution quickly you can choose to accept the answer above 😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events