How do I delete a former employee and the boards she created and is admin of?

Deleted user April 22, 2019

I realize that only admins are supposed to be able to delete boards, and I have moved everything off of the boards she is admin of, but she can still invite people to those boards and create new boards, and as a former employee, she should not be able to do this.  As the owner I should have first and final say.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

@[deleted] anyone can have a Trello account and create as many boards as they like. Once you've moved the lists/cards from the board, just leave the boards and then as far as you're concerned they don't exist.

Also consider Business Class for greater control, ensuring that you only invite people to your team using email addresses that you control (so you can claim their account when they're done) and if you have more than about 20 staff, go with Enterprise which has domain control and SSO.

Danny Flynn April 23, 2019

Iian - I emailed them to figure out what their issue was.  After following the steps to remove a user that Trello defined, she was still having the following issue. 

This is how she defined it: 

Both the employee that left the company, and the boards that she created still show up on their companies lists of boards, and they cannot delete or even rename them "defunct boards".  They felt that this would confuse new staff members who are just learning Trello and don't need more to choose from.  They said that they clog up their organization's board and believe that it will prevent them from adding more boards once we reach the 10 or 12 board limit for their level. 

Thoughts?  

It seems like this person is still apart of the company team, and still on their team boards. 

"I agree with upgrading for increased control" 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

@[deleted] @Danny Flynn ah okay, yes, someone else posted with the exact same problem the other day. The answer is to upgrade that team to Business Class (even if only for 1 month) to get access to the control you need in order to fix the situation. A member of the Atlassian team, @Daniel Eads posted as much in the comments of the other thread, perhaps he could confirm here that this would allow the issue to be resolved.

Like Danny Flynn likes this
Danny Flynn April 23, 2019

Awesome!  Good to know! 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Confirmed - upgrade to Business Class to get the extra team and permission controls.

Cheers,
Daniel

Deleted user May 20, 2019

Thank you all so much...:)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danny Flynn April 22, 2019

Remove them from your team – this should stop them from creating boards under your team board, then you will need to go into each board and remove them from that board manually. (there is a link to instructions at the end of this help article that will tell you how to remove them from the individual board)

https://help.trello.com/article/742-removing-people-from-a-team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events