How do I create a material list with quantities?

Flash Electric September 5, 2021

I am an Electrician.  At the end of a work day I need to create a list of materials I will need to finish the job the next day.  I then need to email that list to the supply house so they can order the materials and have them shipped to the job site.    For Example:

10 Duplex Receptacles

5 Single Pole Switches

Ship to: 5 Chestnut Run...

There are over a thousand different types of materials.  But I would like to just focus on the most common materials separated into categories.  I am out on the job site and would be using the app on my phone.  So the lists need to be prepopulated.  The only information I am adding is the quantities.  

Is there an existing Power-Up that would allow me to easily sort through a list of 100+ items and add quantities to the items I need and then email that list to the supply house? 

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2021

@Flash Electric 

Since you are going to work using a mobile device note that most Power Ups , except those made by Trello, would not be supported on the app.

You will have to work with board/cards commands or trigger from a card component like labels, or checking a CF. 

I did a quick test with a board using qty custom field and category / items in list/cards, you will be able to generate a nice report by part category on a new card. By renaming the card with a copy link (work order) and paste you can send the report to the work order card and thereafter to the supplier. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events