Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I control what is shown on the front of my Trello cards?

I want to show my label on the front of the card and I do not want to show the custom fields.  Unfortunately, the opposite is happening by default.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The labels always show on the front of the card (unless you set the cover mode color/image and choose to fill the entire card with the color/image). 

For custom fields, there is a setting for each field where you decide if it shows on the front.

@Michael Pryor Thanks for your quick response!  Could you send me some screen shots that illustrate the setting?  I don't see anything that enables me to decide if the field shows on the front.  Thanks!

@Michael Pryor  I figured out how to control the custom fields, but my label is not showing on the front of the card.  How can I control that?

It’s not showing in this help doc but if you edit the field in addition to the name and the values for the field there is a checkbox: 

https://help.trello.com/article/1067-using-the-custom-fields-power-up

Please post pic of your label-less card and I’ll see

That font looks different to me. Are you not using the web browser?

I am using the Chrome browser on my PC.

@Michael Pryor I made some progress--the label is displayed on the front of the card when I select any label other than the gray one.  Is there something special about the gray one that it does not appear?

Grey is actually "no color" and those labels do not show on the front of the card.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 5.05.15 PM.png

@Michael Pryor Thank you!  I'm all set.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,635 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you