Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the name of a workspace?

Scott Cottingham September 28, 2022

The person that created it left the company and just had her name, we are trying to change it to the customer name, but I cannot seem to find out how. it is not the board, but the workspace name I need to change. I was made an admin before she left.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohammad Asad September 28, 2022

There are a few ways to change the name of a workspace. One way is to click on the workspace name in the left sidebar and then click the pencil icon next to the name. This will allow you to edit the workspace name. Another way is to hover over the workspace name in the left sidebar and click the three dots that appear. From there, you can select "Rename Workspace.

Scott Cottingham September 30, 2022

Thanks, that pencil does not show up -- I try to change the workspace - it says it is a private workspace and nothing happens, I am an admin on it.

It will be OK we were just going to make the page sound more business like :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Hey Scott,

Would this page have the answer: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/merging-workspaces/ ?

There should be a pencil icon at the top of the Workspace settings page. That's where you should be able to update your Workspace name.

Cheers,
Peter

Scott Cottingham September 30, 2022

Cheers Peter, I will try that this afternoon!

best,

Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events