Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I change the Trello Search Box back to showing Card and Titles vs a list of just titles?

Up until today, when I used the Search Box in Trello it would deliver TWO columns, with the left side showing the cards and the right column the corresponding title of each card.

Today while using the Search Box I get just a list of every title that contains the word I am searching and no graphic of the cards.

How do I change it back to the former search format?

Thank you for your assistance.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiffany Yue Atlassian Team Jun 08, 2022

👋 Hi @Jeff Posner @AB and @Adrian Strench , great to see the discussion here!

I'm Tiffany, the PM on Trello's Search team. As @Theodoro Reato mentioned above, what you're seeing is the incremental rollout of a new experience. We know that having a modern search experience is important to quickly finding your work, so the team been hard at work updating the look and feel. You can learn more in this support doc.

That said, we understand that change can be frustrating and there's always room for improvement. With your pain point of less card information, we're on it! We've been exploring how we could bring some of these card details, like labels and list name, back to the search results. I'll follow up with any updates.

In the meantime, please feel free to share additional feedback here in the comments or via our support team.

Best,

Tiffany

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Jeff, 

You're seeing the new search bar, there isn't a way to disable it,

However, you can press enter after typing the keywords you are searching, and it'll show a page with the results as the old search, but you'll move out of your board as it's a different page.

This new format is awful. For the next update, you guys should think about making a way to switch it back. 

Why have labels if you can't see them when searching. 

Like Jeff Posner likes this

@Theodoro Reato I agree with Jeff.  The old way was working just fine.  Please change it back

@Theodoro Reato How do I do back to the old way of searching?  My boss's Trello is still has the old way search view?

Hi Theodoro,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Did the Trello/Atlassian Team do any user testing or sampling prior to working on the search change and its implementation?

I know change is often difficult for many people, but initially it appears the people in my office and posting on here preferred the former Search output.  The new output offers less information and an extra step forward and backwards to get the same information as before.

Best regards,

Jeff

Hey folks, thanks for sharing your thoughts, I’ll definitely share your opinion with our Product team.

A bit of history, the new search bar allows you to search throughout all Atlassian products, what is awesome is if you have Confluence or Jira now you can integrate the tools in an easier way.

This feature - the new search bar - has been rolling out for a couple of days, which explains why your boss sees the old version, however, his Trello will update the search bar, and we can’t roll you back to the old version.

I can ensure the Product team expended a lot of time thinking about how to improve and create an amazing future for Trello, and integrating all Atlassian products is part of it.

I know this doesn’t look like an improvement right now, but it was extensively thought to improve our product. We’re really keen to hear your feedback on the new search - if you have specific things that you miss from the old search, let us know so our product team can review this

Actually, I personally talked with other users which similar thoughts as y’ll and opened a request with the product team to allow you to see your labels in the new search bar, I’ll add your voice to the request. However, I can’t guarantee it’ll be implemented,

0 votes

Thank you for changing it! 

My Trello search is back. I really appreciate it, as do the other members of our company. 

Hi Abby,

My Trello search is still only offering the "new" method.  Did you do anything different to be able to access the old search format?

Thanks!

@Theodoro Reato I like the when old search showed labels to the cards and what list the search item is in.  This is every important information when doing a search.  The new way didn't do that.  

Right now Trello search seems to working the old way.  Please don't change it.

Like Tiffany Yue likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,305 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you