How do I change settings so I can add a non-team member to view and comment on a board?

Jenny King October 26, 2020

We have a consultant who could benefit from seeing one of our boards, but because he doesn't have a matching domain name, Trello won't send him the invite. 

I can't immediately find any information on how to do this. Anyone? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
ManuR
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Jenny King ,

It looks like your team has a domain restriction applied that prevents you from inviting someone outside of this domain to your team.

If the team also prevents non team members on boards then you'll need to find a way to add this new member to the team.

If you're an admin on the team, you could remove the domain restriction for team members or allow guest users (non team members) on the team boards. This can be done from the team Settings page normally.

Otherwise, the solution would be to create an email specifically for that member on the restricted domain.

Cheers,
Manu | The Trello Team

Jenny King October 28, 2020

Thanks, but as he's a consultant, we don't want to add him to the full team to see all the other irrelevant and private info for our organization. 

I ended up just creating a new team and adding him to that, then moving the board to that team. It's not what I wanted, but it will have to do at least for now until I find a more viable solution. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events