Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign Trello tasks in Android app

Susan Wheeler January 27, 2019

I'm the administrator and see myself as a member on tasks I create in my Trello Android app.  However, I don't see any tasks assigned to me nor do I get notifications of tasks that are due.  This is the first time I've used the Android app for Trello.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2019

@Susan Wheeler due date notifications occur 24 hours prior to the card's due date. In Trello, being a member of a card is what you would call having tasks assigned to you.

I'm not clear on where you're seeing different behaviour than what you expect, are you able to talk through what you're seeing, when you're seeing it and what you expected to see instead?

@Iain Dooley thanks for responding.  So if I have a task that I assign with due date less than 24 hours, I won't get a notification?  Any way around that?  And how do notifications happen - do they pop-up on my phone or are they emailed?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2019

@Susan Wheeler that's correct, no notification will go out for a card due in less than 24 hours.

You can read about notifications here:

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

You can get around this using the API. If you're already a Butler user, you can add a command that alerts you, say, the moment a card is due (or X minutes/hours beforehand) by posting a comment. If you're not already a Butler user you can't create a new account right now because they were acquired by Trello and Trello are currently working on integrating Butler with the core product.

If you need this urgently I can help you deploy a solution for this using Trellinator, but it's much more technical than Butler:

https://trello.com/integrations/#trellinator

Other options would be to see if there is already another power up, Chrome extension or API solution to achieve what you want. For example, you might be able to enable the Calendar power up, then synch Google Calendar with your Trello board iCal link, then get notifications from Google Calendar X minutes/hours before an event.

@Iain Dooley Thanks.  Since this is my first time using Trello and I'm not that tech savvy, I'd like to see if I can sync Google Calendar.  One of the reasons I choose Trello to help manage tasks and projects was the calendar feature.  I'd like to enable the Calendar power up  - is that available on Android or do I need to set it up via the desktop app?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2019

@Susan Wheeler I don't have access to an Android device to test but I'm able to enable calendar, custom fields and voting power ups on a board via the iOS app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events