Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add one power up to all Team boards at the same time.

Denise Brown October 28, 2018

I have multiple boards and want to add team gantt manual to all boards at the same time ie I don't want to go in individiually and turn them on or off.  How do I do that?  I can see how I can turn them on and off on each board but not how to do it all at one time.

Or do I have to uprade from the free account to the next levels to be able to do this?

3 answers

0 votes
Ashley Barth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2024

Hi. Any chance this has changed so you CAN enable a powerup across the workspace? I'm able to add them across my workspace but not to enable them, and that's really hindering with every employee having to enable multiple power ups per multiple boards....

Christina D February 24, 2024

Hi Ashley, How did you add powerups across your workspace?

Ashley Barth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

Added powerups manually to each board within the workspace. BUT that does not enable them for each user on each board. IE. I'm thinking my team can see subtasks on a card (powerup: subtasks) but the team members did not - on their own - enable the power up so when they look at a card, they don't see the subtasks.

I'd like to add AND enable powerups for every (selected) board within my workspace. As demonstrated, I can't depend on employees to know when to enable a powerup.

Christina D February 27, 2024

I solved some of my problems by creating a template board, since most projects have the same jumping off point.  I added powerups to the template, and when i create a new board from the template, they are available for all users.

similarly, to note, automations are NOT carried over board to board.  So, i found out that even though i use a board template to start, the new board has automation capabilities, but they are not enabled automatically per board.  So, I have to go in and enable automations on each board.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2018

@Denise Brown you can do this using the boardPlugins API endpoint:

https://developers.trello.com/v1.0/reference#boardsidboardplugins-1

The way I'd handle this is to create a "Power up configuration" board. You could have one card per power up in an "available power ups" list, and one list per board. To enable a power up you would copy an available power up card into a list, and to disable it simply archive the card.

Hi Iain!  I am trying to create a power up configuration board like you suggest.  But in reality, I have no idea how to do this.

Is it possible for you to explain step by step?

Much appreciated if you can!  Thank you!

Additionally, some have commented that a Template Board with powerups, when used to create a new Board, should automatically copy over the powerups.  But, im not seeing that happen. Is this a feature that exists on Trello?

0 votes
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2018

Hi Denise!

Since Power-Ups are handled on a per-board basis, there is unfortunately not a way to get that setup across all of your boards at the same time.

You will need to handle that for each individual board that you would like the Power-Up added to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events