Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you see all watchers on a trello card. You can do this on JIRA...

Robert Rawlings September 19, 2018
The intention is to have one responsible person on a trello card, with watchers who are either PM's or have vested interests

1 answer

0 votes
Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Based on the definition of a watcher, it sounds similar to being a member of a Trello card. Once you add members, you'll see their avatars right below the card title and under the label MEMBERS. Is this what you're referring to? 

Robert Rawlings September 21, 2018

If we add multiple members to a trello task,  how would we then indicate who is primarily responsible for this task. If I want to view who is late on tasks,  I want to see the responsible person,  not everyone else. How can you achieve this on Trello? 

On JIRA,  I assign 1 person as the person who is responsible,  and then allocate watchers who have a vested interest. I can see who all the watchers are and check that everyone  that should be kept in the loop will be (by virtue of them being a watcher) .

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Currently, we don't have a direct way to specify which user is responsible for a task out of all members of a card. For now, I'd suggest adding an @mention of the designated user to the card's description.

If you'd prefer to have the assigned user be visible on the front of the card, you can go the Custom Fields route. With this you can create a dropdown list or text field with your users like so:

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 11.44.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 11.44.35 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events