Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we update dates on a copied board to the next year?

Kelly Stoll April 26, 2023

I have copied a board for next year, but want to update the dates.  Is there a quick way to do this automatically?

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Yes, you can use the "Butler" power-up in Trello to update the dates on a copied board. You can install the "Butler" power-up by clicking on "Show Menu" on the top right corner of your Trello board, then selecting "Power-Ups", and searching for "Butler".

Once installed, click on the "Butler" icon on the right-hand side of your board. In the Butler interface, click on "Create a Rule".

In the "When" section, select "Card is added to list".

In the "Do" section, select "Change due date" and enter the new due date for the card. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each list on your board.

Click "Save" to save the rule. Once the rule is saved, Butler will automatically update the due dates on your copied board according to the new dates you enter.

Kelly Stoll April 27, 2023

In my version of Trello, Butler is not available.  However, I was able to create these rules by selecting automation.  Although the rules are enabled, they did not change my dates. How else can I do this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events