Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn off the self-populating search function in Trello?

Alisha Thomas March 4, 2019

For the last few weeks as I have been navigating Trello as I normally have, the search function decides to conduct a search of all cards using my email address as the search criteria. When I delete my email address and try to navigate again, it will sometimes go away for good, but other time will continue to come up annoying the living daylights out of me. How can I make it so the search function doesn't autopopulate?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

@Alisha Thomas I'm not clear on where/how this is happening, perhaps if you posted a screencast demonstrating the issue it'd be easier to understand.

You can use useloom.com to do a free screencast.

Here is what I'm experiencing. I have the menu for the boards always open on the left side because I go back and forth all day. so the search function appears in both the menu on the left and in the search bar to the right of the Home button. When this happens, my board options on the left disappear until I clear out the search section. And then sometime later, the same thing will happen again without any promptings.

Search.JPG

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

@Alisha Thomas the only thing that I can imagine is happening here is that for some reason your web browser is automatically populating these fields with your email address because of some previously saved information.

Are you able to replicate this issue using the desktop app? If not, then the above is most likely the culprit, and you will need to clear out saved field data from your browsing history.

I am using this on my desktop. And the browsing history makes sense. I will give it a whirl.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

@Alisha Thomas Trello has both a desktop application, and a web application you can use through a desktop web browser.

What I was referring to was seeing if you could replicate this behaviour in the desktop application, which would indicate that this is an issue specific to your browser rather than to Trello.

Anyway see how you go and report back! Thanks

Alisha Thomas March 8, 2019

Actually, the problem is still happening. I use the program online on my computer in the online application. I assumed that it was a desktop application, but it's a web application. I have yet to figure out where the desktop application is because when I search for it on my desktop applications, I would have to 'download' it. Which, to me, means that I've never used the desktop application so I wouldn't need to worry about changing anything in the desktop application.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events