Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn off automatic download of attachments when I click on them

David Ochoa September 21, 2021

Within the last week on a board I use with a group, when we click on attachments like word documents and excel spreadsheets our computers will automatically download them instead of just opening them in a preview mode as we have been used to.  My guess is there is a setting that got changed on the board that I cannot find.  Can anyone help with this?  

Now when we click on those attachments, a browser window opens and those files are sent to my download folder.  I am using Safari on a MacBook Pro with Trello.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

@David Ochoa i usually use PDFs and google docs, so that's where i see a preview. not sure I've seen a preview with non-google doc spreadsheets. So, unfortunately I don't have an answer, but following this thread in case someone else does so I know for the future!

David Ochoa September 21, 2021

@Brittany Joiner Thank you for getting in touch.  I use pdfs for most things as well, but up until now had been able to open Word docs and Excel spreadsheets in preview.

Jina Kim October 18, 2021

I'm experiencing the same thing. This auto download is very inconvenient and I have to delete it from my computer every time! ugh 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events